- All work must be the original work of the artist. It can be in any recognised medium, of two or three dimensions. This includes all painting mediums such a watercolour, oil, acrylic, gouache and pastel. Photography, textiles, printmaking, ceramics and sculpture. No reproductions are allowed.
- Linocuts, screen prints, lithographs, intaglio and other printmaking artworks should be part of a limited-edition series and be numbered as 1 of the series, 2 of the series and so on (e.g. 1/10, 2/10 etc…)
- All artworks with compete equally for the People Choice Award.
- All art submitted must be for sale and prepared to Gallery Standard (see details below) in time for the purchaser to collect if sold.
- Unframed stretched canvased must be completed and dry, with the sides painted in time for the purchaser to collect. All other 2D mediums to be suitably presented before collection, if sold.
- Up to 3 artworks are permitted to be submitted. At least 1 of these artworks must be new and not exhibited before, the other 2 artworks can have been exhibited previously.
- Images to be saved in jpeg format, 1200px maximum on the longest side to a maximum size of 2MB. Images to be labelled – title of work_surname_first initial.jpeg (or jpg).
- Art sold during this exhibition must be available to collect by the purchaser from the artist at a time and place convenient to both. If postage is required, this is to be arranged between the two parties. The proceeds of any sales will not be released to the artist until delivery is confirmed to the Treasurer of PCAC.
- The Black Diamond Gallery reserves the right to refuse to accept or display any exhibit without being required to give a reason. In the event of a dispute arising, regarding the interpretation of these conditions, the decision of the PCAC Board shall be binding by both parties.
- Artists grant the right for their works to be reproduced by newspapers or television whilst the exhibition is open and for images of their work to be uploaded on the PCAC Facebook and Instagram pages and/or included in the PCAC newsletter.
- The Port Community Arts Centre gallery will deduct commissions of 20% of the catalogue price, the balance of any sale will be sent to the artist within 14 days of the completion of the sales transaction.
- Exhibition entry fee is $5.00 per artist (not per piece of art). Entry fee to be paid on submission of entry.
Paintings must be suitably framed and ready for hanging with flat D-rings and wire affixed. Large paintings, 1000mm or deeper, should have the D-rings attached no further than 200mm from the top to ensure they hang close to the wall. Smaller paintings should have the D-rings fixed no more than 100mm from the top.
For online exhibition only:
Unframed works are permitted but must be clearly stated on the entry form. Framing may be negotiated later between the artist and the purchaser (if required). Postage may have to be figured into final costs.